OPAM ppx_tools problem?
Mr. Herr
2014-10-22 14:51:29 UTC
I am getting these error messages in opam 1.1.1 when doing 'opam update':

[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.1 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99.1 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99.2 OPAM file, skipping.
Updating the cache of metadata (/opt/opam/state.cache) ...
[WARNING] External solver failed with inconsistent return value. Request saved to
"/opt/opam/log/solver-error-2458-1.cudf"
Falling back to the internal heuristic.

Is it a local problem, or do others see this also?

I did not have problems with opam lately - on the contrary, everything was working
just fine.

/Str.
Mr. Herr
2014-10-22 14:56:35 UTC
Post by Mr. Herr
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.1 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99.1 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99.2 OPAM file, skipping.
Updating the cache of metadata (/opt/opam/state.cache) ...
[WARNING] External solver failed with inconsistent return value. Request saved to
"/opt/opam/log/solver-error-2458-1.cudf"
Falling back to the internal heuristic.
Is it a local problem, or do others see this also?
I did not have problems with opam lately - on the contrary, everything was working
just fine.
/Str.
"something" is putting a reply-to header into my mail (mybe Freenet), please ignore
it and reply to the list.

/Str.
Peter Zotov
2014-10-22 15:05:21 UTC
Post by Mr. Herr
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.1 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99.1 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99.2 OPAM file, skipping.
Updating the cache of metadata (/opt/opam/state.cache) ...
[WARNING] External solver failed with inconsistent return value.
Request saved to "/opt/opam/log/solver-error-2458-1.cudf"
Falling back to the internal heuristic.
Is it a local problem, or do others see this also?
This is my fault--I accidentally put 1.2-specific syntax into
opam-repository.
There should actually be some provisions for porting syntax back to
1.1-compatible
form, I'm not sure why are they not working.
--
Peter Zotov
Mr. Herr
2014-10-22 15:13:35 UTC
Post by Mr. Herr
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.1 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99.1 OPAM file, skipping.
[WARNING] Errors while parsing ppx_tools.0.99.2 OPAM file, skipping.
Updating the cache of metadata (/opt/opam/state.cache) ...
[WARNING] External solver failed with inconsistent return value.
Request saved to "/opt/opam/log/solver-error-2458-1.cudf"
Falling back to the internal heuristic.
Is it a local problem, or do others see this also?
This is my fault--I accidentally put 1.2-specific syntax into opam-repository.
There should actually be some provisions for porting syntax back to 1.1-compatible
form, I'm not sure why are they not working.
I have seen warnings before:

[WARNING] dev-repo is an unknown field in
/opt/opam/repo/default/packages/eliom/eliom.4.1.0/opam: is your OPAM up-to-date ?
[WARNING] dev-repo is an unknown field in
/opt/opam/packages/ocsigenserver/ocsigenserver.2.5/opam: is your OPAM up-to-date ?

but they did not kill the opam update function. And 1.2 is not out yet...

/Str.

----
Please ignore the Reply-To header and reply to the list.